Instead of a full on cheat day how about a mini cheat day? I made these quinoa pizza bites for the first time last night, I slightly tweaked the recipe of course (shown below) )to make it slightly healthier, but overall it’s a great little snack or appetizer to satisfy your carb craving.
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup fat free shredded mozzarella
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbs dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
pinch of salt
pizza sauce for dipping
1. Cook your quinoa! Boil the quinoa and 2 cups of waterand cover. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes (until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender).
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all of your ingredients (except the pizza sauce) in a mixing bowl until it is well mixed.
3. Lightly spray the bottom of a mini-muffin tin with olive oil spray. Using a Tablespoon, scoop - 1Tbs into each muffin tin.
4. Bake them for 15-20 and let cool.
5. Serve them warm with pizza sauce to dip in!